Hello CAREWare MA providers,
This email includes: (1) a reminder about the deadline for July 2018 data, (2), an update about optional screening fields on the Annual Review tab, (3) a reminder to check your data quality, and (4) another installment of “QA Corner” courtesy of Emily Levine at DPH.
- All service data through July 2018 should be in CAREWare MA by Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
- As a reminder, data for each month must be entered into CAREWare MA by the 15th of the next month. If the 15th is on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the next business day.
- If your data are not submitted by the deadline, they may not be included in the reports JSI provides to MA DPH.
- HIV risk reduction, mental health, and substance use screening fields (Annual Review tab) are not required. Because these screenings are part of the acuity assessment, agencies are not required to complete additional risk reduction, mental health, and substance use screenings. If a member of the multidisciplinary MCM team has completed any additional assessments for a MCM client, the fields on the Annual Review tab in CAREWare may be completed. The updated Fields & Definitions document is posted on carewarema.jsi.com under Materials.
- Remember to check your data quality each month! To review your data:
- Run the “Financial Report” with “Include subservice detail” selected. This report shows your data in summary form.
- If your organization submits an RSR, run the “missing eligibility” report to ensure that all of your clients are designated as Ryan White eligible.
- Detailed instructions to run these and other reports are available for download at http://carewarema.jsi.com/materials/instructions-and-tip-sheets/
What clients should be reported in CAREWare? Only clients who receive Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH)-funded services should be entered into CAREWare MA. These services include: medical case management, and ARCH (Category B), Correctional Linkage to Care (Category C), and other specialty programs such as medical nutrition therapy, housing search and advocacy, legal services, etc. (Category D). Programs that receive funding from another entity (Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A through the Boston Public Health Commission or Part C) should not report clients receiving services under those contracts in CAREWare MA. If you have any questions about whether or not a service or a client should be reported in CAREWare MA, please contact your MDPH contract manager.
If you missed last month’s QA corner, you can find it on our blog at https://carewarema.jsi.com/blog/!
JSI sends monthly provider-level reports to MA DPH. These summary reports include the number of clients served, and the number of units delivered by service type. These reports do not contain any personal/identifying information.
As always, please direct any questions or feedback to our helpdesk at CAREWareMAhelpdesk@jsi.com.
Your CAREWare MA helpdesk team,
Molly, Chris, Wayne and Mira