Hello CAREWare MA providers,
This email includes: (1) a reminder about the deadline for August 2018 data, (2) a reminder to check your data quality, and (3) an installment of “QA Corner” courtesy of Emily Levine at DPH.
- All service data through August 2018 should be in CAREWare MA by Monday, September 17, 2018.
- As a reminder, data for each month must be entered into CAREWare MA by the 15th of the next month. If the 15th is on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the next business day.
- If your data are not submitted by the deadline, they may not be included in the reports JSI provides to MA DPH.
- Remember to check your data quality each month! To review your data:
- Run the “Financial Report” with “Include subservice detail” selected. This report shows your data in summary form.
- If your organization submits an RSR, run the “missing eligibility” report to ensure that all of your clients are designated as Ryan White eligible.
- Detailed instructions to run these and other reports are available for download at http://carewarema.jsi.com/materials/instructions-and-tip-sheets/
Should agencies enter viral load and CD4 data every month, when those tests are mostly conducted every three or six months, or every year? Viral load and CD4 data should be updated in CAREWare on an ongoing basis (i.e., when the test results are obtained). A client’s viral load should be documented and taken in to account when case managers are completing and scoring acuity reassessments every six months. Note: it is an expectation that viral load and CD4 test results are being recorded in CAREWare for all clients engaged in MDPH-funded case management. HIV lab data should be collected directly from a patient’s EMR or medical provider. It can also be collected off of a client’s completed HDAP application.
If you missed last month’s QA corner, you can find it on our blog at https://carewarema.jsi.com/blog/!
JSI sends monthly provider-level reports to MA DPH. These summary reports include the number of clients served, and the number of units delivered by service type. These reports do not contain any personal/identifying information.
As always, please direct any questions or feedback to our helpdesk at CAREWareMAhelpdesk@jsi.com.
Your CAREWare MA helpdesk team,
Molly, Chris, Wayne and Mira