Hello CAREWare MA providers,
This email includes: (1) a reminder of the deadline for February 2020 data, (2) clarifications on how to enter income, enrollment date, and Commonwealth Care, and (3) a reminder to check your data quality.
- All service data through February 2020 should be in CAREWare MA by Monday March 16, 2020.
- As a reminder, data for each month must be entered into CAREWare MA by the 15th of the next month. If the 15th is on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the next business day.
- If your data are not submitted by the deadline, they may not be included in the reports JSI provides to MA DPH.
- Clarifications on income, enrollment date, and Commonwealth Care:
- When updating a client’s income, fill out the household size and household income fields. In CAREWare 6, there is a new “individual income” field. If the household size is 1, the individual income field will automatically populate with the value from the household income field. If the household size is greater than 1, leave the individual income field blank.
- The enrollment date is defined as the date of the first service at the agency. If the client has returned after a period without receiving services, keep the enrollment date as the date of their first service (not the date they returned).
- As a reminder, If a client has Commonwealth Care, select “Medicaid” in CAREWare.
- For reference, these details are in the Fields & Definitions document available here: https://carewarema.jsi.com/materials/services-and-definitions/.
- Remember to check your data quality each month! To review your data:
- Run the “Financial Report” with “Include subservice detail” selected. This report shows your data in summary form.
- If your organization submits an RSR, run the “missing eligibility” report to ensure that all of your clients are designated as Ryan White eligible.
- Detailed instructions to run these and other reports are available for download at http://carewarema.jsi.com/materials/instructions-and-tip-sheets/
JSI sends monthly provider-level reports to MA DPH. These summary reports include the number of clients served, and the number of units delivered by service type. These reports do not contain any personal/identifying information.
As always, please direct any questions or feedback to our helpdesk at CAREWareMAhelpdesk@jsi.com.
Your CAREWare MA helpdesk team,
Molly, Chris, Wayne, Mikey and Mira
March 5, 2020: February data entry deadline + data quality reminders